Video marketing gets results, and we are watching a lot of video across all devices. Check out the infographic below to see some of the latest statistics, and use these tips to make online video work for your business.
3 Video Marketing Tips
- Plan – Video should be part of your overall marketing plan, an engagement tactic that supports your goals. Producing great video is not enough – you have to USE it! Identify your goals – whether they are raising awareness or driving business – and establish your success metrics.
- Produce – Who’s your target market and what’s your budget? Once you’ve answered those questions, find a video production company who can bring your vision to life. Think about highlighting satisfied customers or your unique services.
- Promote – Put your social hat on and start sharing! Where do your customers hang out? Find them and spread the word. Think Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube…
The Big Shift
- Internet Traffic – Internet video traffic will be 69% of all consumer Internet traffic in 2017.
- The YouTube Effect – More than 1 billion users watch 6 billion hours of video per month on YouTube.
- Business Spending – US digital video ad spending will nearly double in only 3 years, climbing to $8.04 billion in 2016.
- Gender – Of all Internet users who watch video online 65% are men and 57% are women.
- Age – Seventy-eight percent (78%) of internet video watchers are between the ages of 18 and 29 while 66% fall into the 30 and 49 age bracket. A lower percentage (45%) of online video watchers are over the age of 50.
- Income – The highest percentage (71%) of those watching videos over the internet make over $75 thousand per year. 65% of the viewers make between $50 and $70 thousand per year. 53% of all Internet users who watch video online make $50 thousand and under.
Why Video Works
Video Attracts and Converts
- Video Drives Traffic – Video attracts 3x as many monthly visitors, doubles their time on site, and increases organic traffic from search engines by 157%.
- Video Retains Website Visitors – The average website visitor spends 88% more time on a website that contains video.
- Video Informs – 46% of people say they’d be more likely to seek out information about a product or service after seeing it in an online video.
Video Drives Engagement on Facebook
- Engagement Rate with Facebook Posts by Type – Posts with video are given extra weight in the algorithms. They have higher engagement rates than posts with just plain text or links. The combination of videos and photos are the key to super exposure!
Video Helps PR
- Video in Press Releases = More Views, It’s that Simple
- Each element of a multimedia release is distributed separately and can attract its own audience – Videos are distributed to more than 70 video-specific portals.
Video Convinces Consumers to Buy
Visitors who watch product videos are 85% more likely to buy than visitors who do not. 52% of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in their online purchase decisions. Shoppers who viewed video on product pages were 144% more likely to add product to their carts than other shoppers.
You’ll be hearing a lot more about video marketing from us in 2014!