Confused by the WordPress generated password? Wondering if you’ll ever remember that complex of a password, or frustrated you can’t just set your own? Avoid the frustration and take a look at our video showing you best practices when changing or setting your password in WordPress.
Reset your password through the Automatic Emailer
If you know your username or the email account in your profile, you can use the “lost password” feature of WordPress and follow these directions:
- Go to your WordPress Login page (something like http://yoursite.com/wordpress/wp-login.php)
- Click on the Lost your password link
- You will be taken to a page to put in some details. Enter your username or the email address on file for that account.
- Wait happily as your new password is emailed to you.
- Once you get your new password, login and change it to something you can remember on your profile page.
Helpful hint for all WordPress password changes
WordPress provides a strength box with an automatically generated “strong” password for you. You can still change this to a password you would like, simply select the current generated password text and type your own. Be sure to reference the strength box to show how good (strong) your password is. (Be sure not to use “Password1”)
If you are struggling with how to create a strong password, click HERE for more information.