Creating content is an important part of a digital marketing strategy but what if you don’t have time? You may want to share the workload with someone else in your organization. It is quick and easy to add additional users to your WordPress installation.
Once a user is added, access can be limited based on the WordPress built in roles. These roles include:
- Administrator: Has full access giving them the ability to change and delete all parts of the site
- Editor: Can create or edit any post or page on the site
- Author: Can create, edit, and publish their own posts
- Contributor: Can create posts but do not have the capability to publish them, and Administrator or Editor has to approve the post first
- Subscriber: Can read and comment on posts
To add a user from the Dashboard, follow the steps below:
- Select Users from the menu then click Add New
- Enter a unique user name and email for the user
- Enter the user’s name and any other optional information
- Create a strong password
- Select a role
- Avoid sending the user their new password by email – it is not a good security practice
- Once all information has been added, click the Add New User button
Watch the video to learn more.